Sweet potatoes, I think, are very underrated root crops even though they are easily available here in the Philippines. They contain a lot of vitamins and minerals, some of which are vitamin C, thiamin, potassium, manganese – four very essential nutrients.
You can cook and eat sweet potatoes in many and different kinds of ways like boiling, steaming, baking, frying, and many more. It is very versatile plus it’s great for snacking too.
Below is a quick and easy sweet potato dessert I came up with. I thought of this because we’ve been just boiling and eating the sweet potatoes. I thought “Why not make a dessert out of it?” I attended the Blessingway event of Doula Irina, Doula Betty and Sound healer Yeyette yesterday and brought these with me to share to the other moms there and I’m glad they loved it.
This is very simple and and easy to do and you don’t have to feel guilty because it is healthy. Our little cobbler loved it too!
5 pcs palm sized orange sweet potato
4 tbsp cocoa powder4 tbsp honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder for coating
1/2 cup powdered sugar for coating
2 tbsp ground sunflower seeds
Other ground nuts (optional)
1. Boil the sweet potato until soft. Let it cool then peel.
2. Crush seeds in a food processor.
3. Put the seeds/nuts in the mixing bowl with the sweet potato and use the beater attachment to mash it and mix.
3. Add in cocoa powder, honey. Mix until well blended.
4. Form into 1 tbsp balls.
5. Mix 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 cup powdered sugar and coat the balls.
6. Serve in 1 oz cupcake liners.
You can also find this recipe on Foodies.ph. Just use the code ‘halohalo23’ to sign up.