Have a look at this cute minestrone soup that we prepared for our little cobbler. We added some fun to it by using unique-shaped pasta which we bought from Healthy Options. You can view my other post about the pasta shapes.
Our son really loved this minestrone recipe and kept asking for more. He loved seeing the different pasta shapes and even loved identifying them.
You can cook these ahead and keep them in sealed containers in the freezer and just heat them up before eating. You can also add a bit of cream for a creamier texture or you can also add cheese cause kids love cheese right!
This is a very healthy and nutritious meal for your baby and even for you cause it contains a lot of vegetables.
Ingredients (6 persons):
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1 pc carrot diced
1 stalk celery diced
20 pcs french beans cut into diced
1 pc zucchini diced
1/2 cup pasta
1/4 cabbage chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup white wine (you can omit if cooking for kids)
2 cups Chicken stock (you can use this recipe)
1 sprig thyme
2 leaves chopped basil
chopped parsley for decor
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and saute garlic.
2. Add in carrots, beans, celery and saute also.
3. Add in tomato paste and cook it for a while.
4. Pour in white wine and cook until reduce.
5. Add in zucchini, pasta and cabbage. Cook until soft.
7. Add more water if you reduced it too much.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add in thyme and basil to add to the taste.
8. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
You can also view this recipe at Foodies.ph. Remember to use the sign up code ‘halohalo13’ to make an account and share your recipes too!