It’s been very hot lately and there’s nothing better than to beat the heat with something cold like ice cream!
Below, I’m sharing my own tablea ice cream recipe with you. This is very rich, creamy and dark, and has the right balance of bitterness and sweetness. This is highly addicting and once you start eating it, you can’t stop! Especially in this summer heat!
You can also make ice cream popsicles out of this recipe if you have molds so you can eat them easier!
4 Egg yolks
1/2 Cup white sugar
2 Cups fresh milk
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
4 Pcs tablea
1. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until the color lightens.
2. In a saucepan, put milk and butter and let it boil.
3. Once boiling, mix in the tablea and cocoa powder and stir until well incorporated and there are no chocolate lumps. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture slowly and mix while pouring, being careful not to overcook the eggs.
5. Let the ice cream mixture cool on an ice bath.
6. Once the mixture is cool, churn in an ice cream mixer for 20 minutes then keep in the freezer once formed.
This recipe is also available on Foodies.ph!